First off, I want to thank those of you who responded to my last post and offered financial support. Without your contributions I would not be able to go on the upcoming dig. Things are still going to be extremely tight with the budget. As such, I am still accepting contributions. There are several academic conferences that I would like to be able to attend to further my professional network and learn as much as possible. I thank you in advance for any contributions!!
I hate moving. I have moved so many times in the last 4 years. Sadly, the last 9 months have been the longest I have lived in one location for a while. That being said, I really like my new flat. It is a 4 bedroom house with a large backyard that has a built in fire pit. I currently live with 2 other Irish guys. Both of them work and one goes home every weekend, so there is a lot of space for us right now. Not sure if there will be a 4th person living here or not. I would assume so. My room is a bit smaller than my last place and I no longer have my own bathroom. But it is large enough for me as I don't need much. My only real complaint about the flat is the tiny kitchen. Can really only fit one person in it at a time. The place is right across the street from the main university campus but its further away from the archaeology department and the city centre. Nearest grocery store is just about a mile away. Looks like I will be getting in a lot more of a workout with all the walking I will be doing. I'll upload some pictures soon. My new mailing address is posted on the mailing address page.
Next Sunday I leave for excavation. I am really looking forward to the trip. This opportunity will open up a lot of doors and will help establish me in the professional Irish archaeology field. I will be working with a team from ASU and an Irish team. I will be part of the team that is excavating the cemetery and analysing all the human remains. The remains will hopefully become part of my master's thesis as well. I really don't know what to expect, as with most digs, so it should be a very interesting experience. I will try and post as frequently as possible during my time in the field. They have already found several burials!! Looks like I am in for a treat! If you want to check out the website for the dig here is the url: https://blackfriary.wordpress.com/
Still no luck on the job front. I have been all over town the last few days stopping in to every shop and bar there is looking for work. Just none to be found. Hopefully, something will turn up soon. Until then I am watching every penny I spend. really beginning to like my meals of rice and beans!
Well that is it for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment