A friend of mine passed this video on to me. Please take a moment to watch it. It is by a man, Dr. Wade Davis, who is partially responsible for my pursuit of anthropology. I based a lot of my research off of his mentor, Dr. Richard Evans Schultes, and hope to one day continue looking into that line of study. The video is about 20 minutes long and was filmed back in 2003. However, his talk is just as important today as it was back then. If you like his ideas, I highly recommend his books as he is a very gifted writer. The Wayfinders (2009) or Light at the Edge of the World (2007) are good places to start as it develops the ideas discussed in this talk. The Serpent and the Rainbow (1985) is amazing and goes into depth about Voodoo culture and the zombie poison also mentioned in the talk. Feel free to comment as I would love to hear your view points on this matter. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment